Weekend AT Cagbalete Island

By Unknown - 12:43:00 AM

I have always wanted to spend my weekend at the beach. I wanted a white sand beach that is not too far from the Metro. I love reading travel blogs and that's where I found out about the beauty of Cagbalete Island. Cagbalete Island is located at Mauban Quezon.


I was already at Jac Liner in Kamias at around 2:15AM and the bus going to Lucena Grand Terminal left at 2:30AM. It was a 3 and a half hour travel and I didn't really mind cause I was asleep most of the time. From Lucena Grand Treminal, I boarded a non-aircon bus going to Mauban Port that is another 1 hour travel time. 
 
From Mauban Port, you need to register and pay for environmental fees roughly around 50Php. Since I was alone, I decided to take the public boat that costed me 75Php for almost an hour boat ride. There are also private boats that can carry up to 15 passengers and the rate is between 1500-2500 depending on your skills to haggle.
 

 This is how Cagbalete looks like during low tide. You can enjoy walking on the fine, white sand. 
 Cagbalete Island is well known for this sand formation that appears on low tide.  

 
 Hello there gorgeous sea creature! 
 

 I stayed in Pansacola Beach and decided to have a tent instead of the usual accommodation.
 And this has been my home in Cagbalete. Unlike most beach resort, Cagbalete is not yet fully develop. Electricity is only available from 6AM-6PM. There's only one store in Pansacola that serves food and where you can buy your basic needs. But outside the resort, there are a lot of stores and eatery that you can choose from. You need to walk for 10-15 minutes before you reach these stores. At night, there are fire dancers to entertain their guests. I was fine sleeping in a tent but unfortunately it rained hard during the night. It was a wonderful experience anyway. 
This is my favorite carenderia in Cagbalete. Everyone is so accommodating and I feel as if I've known them for so long.
I didn't have the time to explore other islands because of the weather but just looking at these breathtaking view is enough to enjoy my stay in the island.





It was a wonderful getaway and I will be back soon to explore nearby islands. Until then Cagbalete! Thank you for the sweet escape!

How To Go To Cagbalete:
1. From Jac Liner Kamias, ride a bus going to Lucena Grand Treminal. It will cost thought 275Php and will take at least 3.5 hours of travel
2. From Lucena Grand Terminal, ride a bus going to Mauban Port. There are no aircon buses and non-aircon buses going to Mauban Port will cost around 60Php for approximately 1 hour travel.
3. From Mauban Port, you can ride public boats that cost around 75Php per head or if you travel in groups you can have the private boats that range from 1500-2500Php

Location:

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pages