Celebrating My 33rd Birthday In Tagaytay

By Unknown - 6:41:00 AM

I've been wanting to escape the busy city and have a taste of the relaxing ambiance of nearby provinces. So on my 33rd natal day, I decided to go to Tagaytay. At exactly 5:30 A.M., I was already in EDSA hoping to cross Cavite before 7A.M. because it's my coding day. Luckily, at 6:30 A.M, I was already in Bacoor.


 My Tagaytay trip will not be complete without having my favorite coffee at Starbucks. I know that there are so many Starbucks in the Metro but having a sip of your coffee while looking at the amazing view of Taal is a good way to relax.
Aside from the free slice of cake I got from SB, having this scenic view made my day really special.

 My next stop is another coffee shop. Java Jazz coffee shop is situated in Tagaytay-Calamba road. The place looks small from the outside but is really spacious once you get in.
  The place is surrounded with paintings that art enthusiast would surely love.

Beef Caldereta Php99
The serving is too small with only a few slices of beef. 
Laing sa gata with pan fried fish fillet Php99
This rice meal is the real winner! The Laing tastes good and was well complimented by the fried fish fillet. I added some red peppers because I love spicy foods.
Spanish style pasta (white sauce) Php99
Nothing fantastic about this pasta. The sauce would be better if it is creamier. 
Tsokolate-Eh (pure tablea) Php90
I'm not a big fan of hot drinks and this is the only hot beverage that I can drink.
Tsok-O-Nut with marsmallow Php99
This one is too sweet for me.
Next stop would be in Sky Ranch where the tallest ferris wheel in the country can be found. Take Tagaytay-Nasugbu highway if you want to try the rides in Sky Ranch. Entrance fee is only Php50.

Sky Eye measures 63 meters with 32 gondolas. A 10 minute ride would cost Php150. I suggest that you try this ride between 4:30 to 6:00 P.M. so that you can see the view all the way from the top. In my case, I was not able to see the view because it's already dark. You can also get a souvenir photo after your ride.
Now it's time for dinner. We decided to try Josephine's since it is also along Tagaytay-Aguinaldo highway.
The place is huge and is always full during weekends. Luckily, we went there on a Thursday so we were able to enjoy a quiet dinner.
According to one of the waiters, Josephine's have the most number of visitors during mother's day.
And this is were you can smoke while facing Taal lake. 


Josephine Soup Php160
Combination of shrimps, clams and fish fillet with crashed tomatoes. If you don't like sour tasting soup, then this is not for you.
We really wanted to try their famous bulalo but the waiter told us that the serving is too big for us. It's good for 4-5 persons. We decided to try the crispy pata Php 550. The meat is crispy on the outside but juicy inside. Nothing special but not bad either.
For breakfast, I decided to try Bag of Beans. The interior is very nice and spacious and has a homey feel. It's like waking up in your own place.
And this was my morning view. Would want to wake up early if this will be the one to greet me instead of the heavy traffic in the city.
Iced white mocha Php125
House blend coffee (bottomless) Php140
Breakfast Sampler Php 420
This platter is already good for two and comes with 2 eggs, 2 pork sausages, bacon trips, hash browns, ham, 2 buttermilk pancakes. As always, bacon tastes good with almost everything but their pork sausage is my personal favorite. 

Overall, it was a relaxing get away. I was able to celebrate my birthday without having to worry about anything or anyone. A two day vacation enough to relieve my stress while trying different restaurants and going to new places. I'm sure that this will not be my last Tagaytay escapade. And I am hoping to find more beautiful places and to try new dishes.

Location:

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pages